Strawberry & Banana Breakfast ParfaitsFeb 11, 2022
Whenever putting together breakfast, whether it’s sweet or savoury, my goals is to combine foods that are packed with nutrients, and that will keep me full. Coffee for breakfast is a thing of the past. Yes, I used to be one of those people that had 2 cups of coffee to start my day and would wait until the afternoon to have my first bite of food.
Now, while breakfast isn’t for everyone, starting your day with food does set you up for success. Breakfast is important because it replenishes your supply of glucose to boost your energy levels and alertness, while also providing other essential nutrients required for good health.
I have been all over the map when it comes to breakfast lately. I’ll go days on end eating omelettes, then crave a sweet breakfast for days on end after that. It’s been a real rollercoaster of food lately, so I’ve been getting creative with my sweet breakfasts so that I am satisfying that craving, all while keeping myself full and satisfied.
These strawberry and banana breakfast parfaits are a quick and easy breakfast, that take only a bit of prep for the chia pudding. You can also make them only with the yogurt, if you don’t have time to prep the chia seed pudding. In that case, use the chia seeds as a topping so that you still get their added health benefits, and that extra bump of protein.
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5-6 strawberries, sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup of unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt
Optional add-ons: Granola, blueberries, hemp seeds, cinnamon, cacao nibs
- Combine the almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla in an airtight container. Stir well, cover and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (over-night is the best option).
- After an hour, open and stir your chia pudding to make sure everything stays combined (the chia seeds tend to settle at the bottom)
- Once the chia pudding is ready, grab some glasses or mason jars.
- Put a layer of the chia pudding in the bottom of the glasses. Now add a layer of strawberry & banana
- Cover the fruit layer with a layer of coconut yogurt, add more strawberry & banana then cover with another layer of chia pudding.
- Top the parfaits with the remainder of your fruit. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Michelle Levine | Personal Trainer & Group Fitness Instructor, Holistic Health & Wellness Coach
Article by: @michlwellness
Level up your health to level up your life! Welcome to the 90 Day HIH Coaching Program
Welcome to the Healthy is Hot Coaching Program.
This is a holistic health coaching program designed by Healthy is Hot founder and certified Health & Life Coach Chloe Wilde to help ambitious, driven and goal-oriented powerhouse women, re-prioritize their health.
The Healthy is Hot coaching program will help you build the habits that lead to a long-term lifestyle change so you can perform where you play.
Want to learn more or join the program? Click below.